Under federal and state law, every student is entitled to a Free Appropriate Public Education. Listed below are the areas in which our firm offers representation and counsel to you and your child.
- Representation at Committee on Special Education/Committee on Preschool Education (CSE/CPSE) meetings: We work with parents, providers and evaluators to ensure that we are advocating for an appropriate education for your child.
- Tuition reimbursement: Under the Individuals with Disability Education Act (IDEA) and New York State Law, students are entitled to a Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE). If a school district cannot provide an appropriate program, a parent can seek to enroll their child in an appropriate private school and seek tuition reimbursement from the school district.
- Disciplinary actions: The attorneys at Falcone Law Firm are committed to finding amicable solutions to disciplinary issues your child may be facing. We can accompany you to disciplinary hearings and protect the interests and rights of your child.
- Testing accommodations: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, qualifying students with disabilities must be offered accommodations that meet their unique needs. The attorneys at Falcone Law Firm can help ensure your child receives the accommodations or modifications he or she is entitled to under federal law.
- Independent Educational Evaluations: If a parent disagrees with a school district evaluation or believes that the school district failed to evaluate his or her child in all areas of suspected disability they may be entitled to an IEE at public cost.
- Our attorneys are here to provide parents with the support to advocate effectively for their child.
We help guide parents through the special education process from identification to placement. We help parents find appropriate evaluators, explain the meaning and implication of evaluations, find appropriate school placements and providers. Securing an appropriate education for your child can be an overwhelming process. Our attorneys are skilled at providing parents with guidance needed to become excellent advocates for their children.